Partners of THETRADESHOW are pleased to announce the line-up for the session One Subject, One Blog: Do’s and Don’ts for Niche Blogging at THETRAVELBLOGGERSSHOW (Sept. 11-12)
Alexandria, VA –Partners of THETRADESHOW are pleased to announce the line-up for the session One Subject, One Blog: Do’s and Don’ts for Niche Blogging at THETRAVELBLOGGERSSHOW (Sept. 11-12). This event, which for the first time will bring together travel bloggers and the travel industry, is being held in conjunction with THETRADESHOW (Orlando, Sept. 12-14). Attendees of this seminar will hear from some of the most popular niche travel bloggers about their inside secrets for providing new content with a creative spin.
- Kim Mance (moderator) is a travel writer and blogs for various outlets such as Marie Claire’s Travel Diaries and the Huffington Post; she is editor of online travel magazine GoGalavanting.com. She also hosts a lively travel and adventure web series Galavanting.tv, which features video episodes about destinations around the world. In 2008, Mance founded the TBEX community of travel bloggers, journalists, writers and travel professionals, which quickly became the definitive hub for travel bloggers online. Mance is also currently writing the first Insiders‘ Guide to Chicago for Globe Pequot Press.
- Matt Kepnes (panelist) is the founder and author of Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site, a backpacking and budget travel Web site dedicated to showing people how to take longer trips on less money. A 20-something vagabond who has been on the road regularly since 2005, he is a native of Boston. After a trip to Thailand in 2005, he decided to leave the rat race and explore the world. That decision made, he completed his MBA, quit his job, and, in July 2006, set out on an adventure around the world. He is also the author of the book, Monetize Your Travel Blog.
- Janice Waugh (panelist) currently publishes Solo Traveler, ranked as a Top 50 travel blog according to Travel Pod and a TOP 100 travel blog according to Invesp Top Travel Blogs. Waugh is the co-founder of the Global Bloggers Network, an online resource for bloggers, and the Toronto organizer of Meet Plan Go. With more than 20 years of business and communications experience, she now focuses exclusively on what she does best: writing. She has worked in business-to-business and consumer markets and has helped high-tech, manufacturing, service and retail organizations refine their communications and build their brands.
- Jeanine Barone is a nationally published travel writer who also guest blogs and pens the „J The Travel Authority“ blog, which provides suggestions on under-the-radar venues around the world as well as travel product reviews and savvy travel tips. An independent journalist who has written for such travel publications as National Geographic Traveler to Condé Nast Traveler, Barone has an eye for what she terms „hidden treasures.“ Food, design, art and architecture are also subjects that she explores on her travels.
- Beth Whitman is the founder and editor of Wanderlust and Lipstick. For more than 22 years, she has been traveling the globe as a contemporary wanderer, combining her love for travel with volunteer work, adventure trips, travel writing and business. After teaching travel-related workshops in the Seattle area for nearly 15 years, she started her own publishing company (Dispatch Travels) and began writing the Wanderlust and Lipstick guidebooks for women travelers (now including The Essential Guide for Women Traveling Solo, For Women Traveling to India and is the publisher of Traveling with Kids). In addition to her work with WanderlustAndLipstick.com, Whitman is the women’s travel columnist for Transitions Abroad and occasionally writes for Perceptive Travel.