Passenger activity: 5.9% growth in traffic with load factor maintained at the high level of 82.8%. Further increase in unit revenue.
In September, Air France-KLM’s activity remained buoyant, with traffic rising 5.9% in line with capacity (+6.2%). The load factor remained virtually stable at the high level of 82.8% (-0.3 points). The Group carried over 6.4 million passengers, up 4.3%. As in previous months, the Group posted a further sustained increase in yield in September, thanks to a rise in average revenue per passenger in all segments.
– On the Americas, traffic grew by 4.8% on 5.9% higher capacity. Although down by 0.9 points, the load factor remained at the very high level of 87.3%.
– Activity on the Asian routes remained buoyant with traffic rising 9.9% on 8.5% higher capacity. The load factor reached 90.5%, up 1.1 points.
– On the Africa & Middle-East network, the increase in traffic remained strong (+7.5%) although slightly lagging the increase in capacity (+8.5%). The load factor stood at 80.9%, down 0.8 points.
– On the Caribbean & Indian Ocean sector, traffic was down 2.5% while capacity increased by 2.1%. The load factor slipped 3.4 points to 73.0%.
– Activity on the European network remained particularly strong with traffic up by 6.2% on 5.2% higher capacity. The load factor reached 75.1% (+0.6 points).
In September, cargo traffic increased by 4.2% on 2.2% higher capacity. The cargo load factor reached
66.5%, up 1.3 points.